College Policy with reference to Gender Equity and Prevention of Sexual Harassment
- The College should ensure a safe environment for the students, faculty members, staff and visitors. Any threat should be viewed very seriously.
- The College authorities should follow an open-door policy to encourage the stakeholders to approach.
- Measures for prevention and deterrence should be adopted.
- The College should always adopt gender agnostic practices.
- Any instances of harassment, exploitation or unfairness should be firmly dealt in accordance with the rules and procedures of the Government/UGC/University of Mumbai.
- Appropriate processes have to be followed for dealing with any reported cases of harassment.
- Both the parties, the alleged offender and the offended should be given the opportunity to explain and present their case in a non-threatening environment
- Matters of sexual harassment and any other complaints of exploitation should be treated with utmost confidentiality.
- Till the case is resolved, it should be kept in mind that it is only an allegation and the alleged offender should be treated with respect and as per the legal provisions.
- Appropriate legal procedures have to be followed and nobody should take law into their hands.
- Measures for CCTV surveillance should be adopted. CCTV camera should be installed at strategic locations keeping in mind the need for privacy. It should be ensured that the CCTV cameras are in working condition and adequate back-up of the camera feed has to be ensured.
The Internal Committee (IC) has been set up specifically for dealing with cases of sexual harassment.
Girl Students having a complaint or suggestion can make use of the Sakhi Box installed in the GIRLS’ COMMON ROOM (Room No. 309 on the 3rd Floor).
Members of Internal Committee
Internal Committee Designation
Ms. Shalini Hemanthkumar
Faculty Member 1
Ms. Mehrunnisa Ansari
Faculty Member 2
Dr. Hema Mehta
Non-teaching Member 1
Ms. Ritu Kamra
Non-teaching Member 2
Ms. Rashmi Agashe
Junior Clerk / Typist
To be elected
To be elected
Ms. Reshma Jagtap
SNEHA (Society for Nutrition, Education and Health Action)